Houston, Texas – 2013
Destination Space offers young people a unique opportunity to take part in a trip which is truly out of this world! Students and their accompanying teacher will spend 6 days (7 nights) in Houston, Texas, the home of the space program in the USA!
During their stay they will experience a varied and exciting program of activities developed over 10 years of delivering similar programs to young people. The program will include a mixture of fun activities and challenges and VIP tours of space related attractions including the famous Johnson Space Centre. After all that, there will still be time to relax at the Keemah Boardwalk, wander around the huge Galleria Mall in down town Houston or try one of the many activities at Game Zone…….and if that isn’t enough, there will be various social events where they will meet engineers, scientists and astronauts working on the space program!!
The experience is offered to units of 8 young people and 1 accompanying teacher from schools around the globe. Schools must be able to demonstrate a collaborative approach to teaching science, technology and maths to take part in the experience.
- To use space exploration to inspire and motivate young people across the world.
- To provide an experience which is educational, fun and out of this world
- To provide young people with an intercultural experience
- To encourage education and business collaboration in science teaching
- 1 day space experience at Space Centre Houston
- 1 day space activity at the Challenger Centre and an evening star gazing at the George Observatory
- A private tour of the Johnson Space Centre
- Evening events, offering the opportunity to meet and mingle with astronauts, scientists and engineers from NASA
- Natural History Museum, in down town Houston
- Keemah Boardwalk
- And loads more!
This trip is subject to a minimum of 1 group of 8 students plus teacher, but may be combined with our Educator CPD program. Program may be subject to change.
|$1,450 US dollars (Sponsored by IPN Member)$1,550 US dollars (Others)||The cost covers: