Space - Education’s Final Frontier ?
The International Space Exploration Educators Program, Houston, Texas, 28 january - 3 February 2018
This program offers Educators, Teachers, Managers and Partnership professionals a unique opportunity to enhance their approach to teaching science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). The program is designed and delivered in partnership with the International Space Community and demonstrates the benefits of using space exploration in an educational context for all grades and levels. To read about the pilot program and see what our pilot ‘Educators in Space’ thought about their experience click here!!
▪ To demonstrate how space exploration can be used to inspire and motivate young people across the world.
▪ To develop the skills and knowledge of key professionals to enable them to use space exploration to enhance their approach to teaching STEM and related areas
▪ To inspire key professionals to promote the benefits of space exploration to education in their countries.
▪ To bring together key educators and managers from across the world to learn in partnership with each other and the International Space Community
The trip lasts 6 nights, 7 days and includes 5 full days of of unique and inspirational activity including;
▪ registration for the Space Explorers Education Conference run by Space Centre Houston,which showcases space related educational resources and so much more
▪ workshops with NASA personnel involved in developing and delivering educational material
▪ informal sessions with astronauts, engineers and scientists
▪ evening social events and informal networking with astronauts, scientists and engineers from NASA
▪ cultural visits if the schedule allows!
5 day professional development program
Registration at SEEC
Accommodation for 6 nights
All meals and sundries
Transport to and from airport
Transportation in Houston
Access to links and curriculum materials
Post event support from the IPN
Pre and post event social media forum to facilitate ongoing sharing and learning
Return flights to Houston
$2,300 (IPN Members)
$2,500 (Non members)
For more information or to discuss further contact email@example.com